This came to me more than a week ago and this is how late i am in posting it! Well, I got a ‘Versatile Blogger’ award from Nupur of UK Rasoi. I love the way she handles traditional recipes and love her style photography – very neat and uncluttered. Her website is wonderfully organised and it is easy to navigate through her menu. Thanks for the award Nupur…i am thrilled to have gotten it!
The rules for accepting this award are:
1. Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
3. Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
4. Include this set of rules.
5. Forward this award to 15 fellow bloggers, and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
The first hard part was to come up with 7 Random Things about myself. I’m normally quite talkative, but to come up with 7 things to share with the world really did stump me. Only for a while though, for I did eventually, get down to this list:
1. Wrote a cookbook on the traditional cuisine of the Iyengars (Tamil Brahmins based in Tamil Nadu, India) that won the Best Vegetarian Cookbook from India for 2011 by Gourmand World Cookbook Awards. The book also made it to the top 6 finalists for the Best Vegetarian Cookbook in the World title. Read more here. I’m on tenterhooks right now coz the result is to be announced on March 6…less than a week away!
2. I love rom-coms and sweet-as-sugar romance-filled movies, although I don’t have a big sweet tooth otherwise
3. I get angry and shout out my spur-of-the-moment opinions at the drop of a hat and feel equally sorry for them later
4. Gone with the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, The Shadow Nights and Atlas Shrugged are some of my favourite books
5. I love to drool over chocolatey stuff on blogs and blog hop a lot, collecting recipes like crazy!
6. I normally go to bed listening to old Hindi film songs, especially those of Kishore Kumar
7. If you see someone inconspicuously seated and taking down notes at a theatre that’s playing host to a Naseeruddin Shah play, chances of it being me are pretty high
The rules of accepting this award also calls for passing it on to 15 other bloggers. Now that’s why this post took me so long to get done. I’ve tried to see that there are no repeat Versatile Bloggers but failed to not give it to a few of them whose blogs I really adore. Some on my list are pretty well established and have been around for a really long time, but I quite appreciate the stuff they do and have been inspired by them to start chronicling my experiences in the kitchen through this blog. Some others are relatively new or post only once in a while but dishes recreated from their recipes turn out bang on. So, I’m passing on this award to:
1. Vaishali Shabnani – ribbonstopastas.blogspot.in
2. Srivalli Jetti – http://spicingyourlife.blogspot.in
4. CL – pangravykadaicurry.blogspot.in
7. KC Jones – http://krusti7.wordpress.com/
8. Gayathri – http://gayathriscookspot.blogspot.in/
9. Suma – http://veggieplatter.blogspot.in
10. Shilpa – http://www.aayisrecipes.com/
11. Vardhini – http://vardhiniskitchen.blogspot.in
12. Padhu – http://www.padhuskitchen.com
13. Laavnya – http://www.chutneycase.com/
14. PJ – seduceyourtastebuds.blogspot.in
15. Aishwarya – http://thecacographerr.blogspot.in/
All your blogs really inspire me and I have loved to go over your posts and recreate some of them. Keep blogging! Do leave me a message here once you put it up on your blog